What word/phrase comes to your mind when you think of Mastery?
Definitions of Mastery on the Web:
- Command: great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
- Domination: power to dominate or defeat
- The act of mastering or subordinating someone
- The position or authority of a master; dominion; command; supremacy; superiority; victory; triumph; preeminence
- Highest development in any band of the Great Continuum of Consciousness, where an initiate is Divinely empowered to minister to you and guide you
- The acquisition or the process of acquiring proficiency in an aspect
- Possession of consummate (complete) skill
- The status of Master or Ruler; Dominion; Control
- Full command of some subject or study
When I think of Mastery following words come to my mind:
- Effortlessness (easy with which a master can do/accomplish something)
- Joy & Pride (enjoyable experience worth sharing with others)
In my experience, when I’ve watched a master at work, they take pride in their work, make it enjoyable and make it look like its was smooth and effortless, even if you and I would think of it as complex or mundane (boring). A master exhibits no sense of frustration in their job. If something does frustrate them, instead of blaming the task, they are more keen on finding ways to make it enjoyable.
These are the qualities I watch for, when someone claims mastery on a topic. Anything else you would like to add/remove?