- C3: Coverage, Complexity & Churn – Instead of looking at each of these parameters in isolation, we generate C3 graph using a TreeMap and use the cumulative graph to see red spots in the product. Esp. helpful to quickly raise awareness.
- Slack: Every team members gets a 10-20% time every iteration to invest on things that hurt them.
- Scratch your Personal Itch day: Every iteration each team members gets 1 day to fix unplanned issues on the project
- Visitor from Hell: Every month have one person from other team visit you and give you feedback on various aspect of the team. Its up to the team to address these issues or not. But certainly can be used to pitch to the management for additional time to work on these issue.
- Code Walk Throughs: Every time a team member (or pair) implements something important, they give a code walk through or a demo to the rest of the team. This usually ensures team members don’t have crappy things when they give a demo.
Check out the project rescue report, if you would like to see some examples of how we’ve used C3.