To be successful in an agile environment, IMHO team members need to learn the following skills:
- Embracing uncertainty/change and finding effective ways to deal with it.
- Tight collaboration and communication with everyone involved.
- Collective Ownership, Drive and Discipline to getting things done.
- Eliminating Wasting: Mercilessly looking for waste and trying to eradicate it.
- Fail-fast: Breaking a large problem down into small safe-fail experiments and then willing to try & learn quickly.
- Systems thinking: Understanding how things influence one another within a whole system and avoiding local optimizations.
- Critical thinking: Reasonable reflective thinking focused on deciding what to believe or do. In other words; thinking about thinking.
- Open to experimenting with radical ideas
It very important for people to understand that in an agile environment, “Action Precedes Clarity!“